Friday, August 9, 2024

A Variety of Sculptures

 


As I was leaving the Shemer Art Center last Friday, I saw this fellow standing outside the door.  He's called "Wild Bill" and he was created by Ned Creighton.  

There are lots of sculptures scattered around the grounds of the center and I wanted to take a few more photos but it was just too hot to be outside in the direct sunlight.












So, I checked my photo files to see if I had any other photos and I found a few more.  This sculpture is called "Quartermaster Anubis" and it was created by Jeff Downing.




























This interesting piece is called "Antiquities United, Standing Together".  The artist for this one is David Knorr.































This is "Ultimate Reality" by Joan Waters.  It is certainly the ultimate reality TV.  Everything you see in that "screen" is very real.

There is always something interesting to see both inside and outside of the Shemer Art Center.



8 comments:

Travel said...

Interesting work.

RedPat said...

Wild Bill is fun, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

How do you keep track of whether you've used a photo before? I usually stick to recent photos because I can't remember otherwise if it's been blogged previously! (Then again, if it was that long ago, I don't suppose it matters much.)

Catarina said...

Pretty cool.

Bill said...

All of the sculptures are very nice! Wild Bill, is a friend of mine, I like him. :)

Aimz said...

I can see how the top one got it's name.

Cloudia said...

Very interesting. Anubis would be perfect for Halloween. Thanks for sharing Aloha

roentare said...

Unique artwork