Monday, August 5, 2024

George & Dragon Revisited

 

A little over a year ago, I posted a photo of this mural on the side of the George & Dragon pub on Central Avenue.  I mentioned that there was never sufficient light on this mural to get a good photo.  When I passed it recently, I thought I would give it another try but, as you can see it still looks dull and way too dark.

Then I got the idea of getting closer to the mural and taking photos of sections of the mural.  That way, I got way better light.  Now the dragon is quite clear and very intimidating.


And, I made a wonderful discovery.  I never saw the maiden tied to the tree until I got up close.  As you can see in the top photo, she is almost impossible to see.  Getting close paid off!

Taking part in Monday Murals.


7 comments:

Travel said...

Unless you are photographing rattle snakes, getting closer often is a good idea. Great mural.

RedPat said...

What a difference, Sharon. Maybe at night those lights brighten it up a lot.

Catarina said...

Good captures!!

Diaday said...

Getting close to the mural sure made a difference. St. George nor the maiden were visible from far away.

Bill said...

What a huge difference. Well done!

Steve Reed said...

I do remember this mural but I never saw the maiden either!

Sami said...

Fantastic mural! I hadn't noticed the maiden either on the top photo. Very well done, great artist. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Sharon.