Thursday, August 8, 2024

Pretty Things

 

I'm in the mood for something pretty to post today so I pulled together some pretty blooms I photographed when I was in California two weeks ago.  This first one is a bird of paradise. These plants are all over the coastal areas in California.  I love their exotic blooms.


I found this one growing in front of some shops in Laguna Beach.  I love the color.  According to my iPhone, this is a type of purslane.  Whatever it is, these pretty blooms made me stop for a closer look.















This huge dinner-plate sized hibiscus bloom was located in a very small pocket garden in the business district of Laguna Beach. I love hibiscus blooms so I had to stop to admire this one.















This last one is a colorful leaf that had fallen from a tree and was resting gently on top of a hedge.  

It's always nice to have something pretty to look at.  

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nature is beautiful!

roentare said...

The leaf is so beautiful!

Catarina said...

Yes, very pretty things.

Travel said...

Mother nature is an amazing artist.

RedPat said...

I always stop for a Hibiscus flower too. I used to have a nice one and should get another.

Stefan Jansson said...

The second photo is my favorite.

Bill said...

Beautiful captures! Mother nature never disappoints.

Steve Reed said...

That purslane is a very vibrant color.

Aimz said...

Love these flowers, I see them in coastal areas here.