Sunday, August 25, 2024

As I Look Around Me

 


There is a Mexican restaurant not far from where I live that I visit about once a month.  It's always for lunch during the week when I'm working from home.  I can get in and out in a little less than an hour so it's a nice little break from work.  Sometimes when I'm sitting there waiting for my food, I see something that catches my eye and I whip out the cell phone and take a shot.  That's how I got these three photos.  

I took this one in September of last year.  I was looking into another dining room that hadn't yet been filled with customers.








I took this one last December, I'm not sure why.  I think I liked the clutter.


















I took this one just last week.  I was admiring this painting of a little Mexican village when I noticed that the church in the background had what looked like a smiley face on its back wall.  It made me wonder if this was a real scene or if the artist had a little fun with this painting.  Maybe it was a little of both.


7 comments:

roentare said...

The interior design is so good

Travel said...

Looks like a great place to enjoy an hour.

RedPat said...

It looks like it has a great atmosphere, Sharon.

Bill said...

Very inviting and nice looking.

Steve Reed said...

I tried Google reverse-image search to identify the church and see what the back wall looks like! I'm not sure I was successful, though. Google seems to think it's the church in Taxco, but I'm not convinced. (And the Taxco church doesn't have a smiley!)

Sharon said...

Great find. It certainly does look like the same church. I Googled "painting of" to see if I could find the actual painting. There were lots but nothing similar. No smiley in any of them.

Aimz said...

Looks authentic, hope the food was good.