Thursday, August 29, 2024

Photo Editing....Bloopers

 

Not all of the photos I worked with on my photo editing app turned out well.  Most of the mistakes, I just deleted but a few I saved because I thought they were a perfect example of how artificial intelligence doesn't always get things right.  This photo of a pretty cactus wren turned out a bit macabre with the bird standing on what appears to be another dead bird.


The original photo looks like this.  That bird is actually perched on top of a cactus.








Here is another innocent looking photo of grapes on the vine.  But wait, is that a sinister looking face I see lurking below the grapes?

















The original photo had no such face.  It's just part of the vines root base. 


















I think my favorite bloopers were all from this photo.  This is a photo I took at the Egyptian Museum in San Jose that I mentioned before.  I like the way I framed the statue with leaves from the papyrus plants.  















It's clear that the AI element of this tool had no idea what to do with this photo.


















I tried a different treatment and got this.  

Sometimes they turn out in totally unexpected ways.  

6 comments:

Diaday said...

These are fun to look at, like the bloopers sometimes shown at the end of movies.

RedPat said...

I guess Ai may not solve all of our problems, Sharon. The last bloopers are really funny.

Travel said...

AI is still a work in progress, and will always be fed by human intelligence.

Cloudia said...

Wow! This has been a great lesson in artificial intelligence. Thank you Sharon. aloha!

Steve Reed said...

Ha! This is an awesome post! It's really interesting how AI can "see" something that's not there. I can kind of understand the dead bird at the top of the cactus, but I'm not sure about the monkey face in the grape vine.

Bill said...

Wow, it's nice to see what AI comes up with. Very strange but a lesson in expectations, you don't always get what you want. Very cool bloopers.