Saturday, August 3, 2024

Inside Perspectives

 

I realized last week that I hadn't been to the Shemer Art Center since last February.  I'm pretty sure I missed one of their shows in between then and now so I made a point of going yesterday.  The current show is called Inside Perspectives and it showcases artwork created by Shemer instructors, students and staff members.  As usual, the pieces were beautiful and inspiring.  The display of ceramics in this room made me want to take a closer look.


This one was created by Susan Nguyen and it's called "La Dame et Moi".  I'm guessing from the name that it might be a self portrait.  It really is beautifully done.
















This one is by Jane Kelsey-Mapel and it's called "The Emperor".  I love his crown.


















This one is by Ann Erickson and it's called "Ms. Sweet Cider".   I feel like I've met Ms. Sweet Cider somewhere along the way.

















This piece by Carolyn Sechler gets the prize for the longest name.  It's called "Volatile Tipping Point Between Remembering and Forgetting". 

Tomorrow I'll show you some other great artworks from this show.

11 comments:

Travel said...

Local arts often show amazing talent.

Diaday said...

Love Ms. Sweet Cider. I think that was my perpetual look as a young stay-at-home mom of four and then with some of my teaching days! The long name ceramic is poignant. It reminds me of my mom's journey with Alzheimer's.

Catarina said...

Beautiful pieces. Very creative.

RedPat said...

I like Ms Sweet Cider too, Sharon. They must have had fun creating these.

biebkriebels said...

It is a funny exhibition.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting! I like the little mouse on "La Dame et Moi." I wonder if the mouse is "la dame" or "moi"?

Bill said...

The art is outstanding and very creative.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

The ceramics are very creative!

Cloudia said...

How strange and interesting!

roentare said...

The hat looks like army helmet

Aimz said...

Im loving the one of Susan, I'm going to have to google her to see what she really looked like.