Monday, March 21, 2022

Revisiting Two Places

 

Last Friday before the symphony, my friends and I had dinner at this great place called Oven and Vine.  I had recently seen a review of this restaurant and it tempted me to try it.  Then I discovered that it was located in a building I had photographed before many years ago.  But, I had forgotten the story behind it until I found my previous post.  At that time there was some debate as to whether it would become a restaurant or not.  I'm not sure if the current restaurant was the one being considered back then but at least I know that a restaurant made it here.  And, it's doing very well in spite of the pandemic.  That's probably because most of the dining is outside and the food is very good.  



After the symphony, my friends and I walked over to the Renaissance Hotel for a cocktail.  That's where I got to see one of my favorite sculptures again.  I posted about this sculpture that was made especially for the hotel back in 2017.  


6 comments:

Travel said...

Interesting places

biebkriebels said...

A wonderful place.

Steve Reed said...

I do like that hotel sculpture!

RedPat said...

I remember the sculpture. The hotel looks empty, Sharon.

Bill said...

Looks inviting.

William Kendall said...

Quite a sculpture.