Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Art at The Heard

 

When I went back to the Heard Museum to photograph some of the silver work, I stopped into the galleries showing the exhibit I posted about back in November called "Remembering the Future".  This piece caught my eye.  As I approached it, I saw something that looked shiny or sparkly.  As I got closer the shine went away.  So I got very close to see if I could figure out what was sparkling.

On the left panel of the piece I could see staples, lots and lots of staples.  They only appear in the lower left side.  The piece is called "Beyond the Clouds" by Joe Feddersen.  Reading the description of the piece, he states that he often uses staples, pins and mirrors along with paint to add a rich surface quality.  


I also saw another painting by Harry Fonseca, that artist who puts a coyote in all this paintings.  I featured the flaming piano painting back in January.

This painting is called "When Coyote Leaves the Rez".  He's looking pretty spiffy!

11 comments:

Andy said...

Staples in art work... that's something new to me.

Stefan Jansson said...

Nicely photographed.

Travel said...

Puts the multi, in multi-media. I wonder if the coyote has a cultural meaning? Love the bushy tail.

Travel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William Kendall said...

The coyote draws my eye.

Catarina said...

It takes a lot of creativity...

RedPat said...

I like them both, Sharon. The coyote is fun.

Steve Reed said...

I like Coyote's earring!

The use of staples in that painting is interesting -- I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

Bill said...

The coyote is very cool. People are creative, I would have never thought of the use of staples in art.

Gemel said...

Both paintings are very different.

Gardens at Waters East said...

I visited the Chazen gallery in Madison last week and also found interesting materials in art works there too. Beer tabs, junk from cars, interesting how the ideas of what is art have evolved.