Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Retro Entertainment

 


I met a group of friends on Sunday for brunch at a new restaurant called Valentine.  

It was great to be with friends again.  There was at least one person in our party who I hadn't seen in person in over two years.  

The new restaurant was a fun place to meet.  It was combined with an antique store.  Good food and antique browsing....what a great combination of entertainment.  

As we were leaving, the owner asked if we wanted to see the bar at the back of the building.  the bar is only open in the evenings and it has a very retro vibe.  The DJ station complete with turntables and lots of LP's was a surprise.  I think I need to experience this night spot.  I haven't heard music from a turntable in ages.

11 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Great to see.

Janey and Co. said...

Sounds like my kind of place. Happy you got to finally be with friends.

Travel said...

Looks like fun, we parted with the turntable and vinyl when we sold the other house

William Kendall said...

Quite retro.

RedPat said...

Major flashbacks! ;-)

Steve Reed said...

That IS very retro, but I like how there are mirrors to reflect the turntables -- so we can admire the DJ's handiwork.

Bill said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to go and listen to some music.

Catarina said...

I encourage you to go back and have that experience again.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

O yes that is retro, not seen anything like it since the 1980's

Catalyst said...

Sounds like fun. The menu looks good, if pricey.

Gemel said...

Very groovy!