Monday, March 28, 2022

On the Other Side

 

I found this old photo in my files and thought I had already posted this photo years ago but upon investigation I found that I posted a photo of the other side back in 2012.

This two-sided sign/mural used to stand in front of an old 1940's or 50's era motel.  At the time I posted the first photo, the place had been turned into apartments.  Now, sadly this sign in gone.  Well the large brick frame is still there but the mural has been painted over all one rather sad-looking color.  What a shame.  The murals have a lot of character and certainly added a lot to the aesthetics of the place.


Taking part in Monday Murals.

12 comments:

Andy said...

Nice... 2012 seems to be a longtime ago. Aren't you glad you saved your photos?

biebkriebels said...

Don't worry, our memories do not reach so far back...:)

Gemel said...

I really like this. What a shame it was painted over.

Travel said...

Murala, outdoor art is fleeting,

Stefan Jansson said...

Looked good to me.

RedPat said...

I love the mural. Too bad it is gone.

Sami said...

What a pity the mural is gone. The mural was quite nice, glad you had the photos. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Sharon.

Bill said...

What a nice mural, it's too bad it's gone.

Janey and Co. said...

Gosh it’s a shame it is gone.

Steve Reed said...

Well, I'm glad you captured it -- and both sides, to boot!

William Kendall said...

Alas to the loss of the mural.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like the very Mexican aspect of this mural. It's absolutely wonderful that you were able to photograph it back then. Now it lives in posterity and your photo!