Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Butterflies Are Back

 


I hadn't been to the Desert Botanical Garden for several weeks so on Monday afternoon, I decided I should take a walk there.  I was hoping that a Monday between 3:30 and 4:00 would be a quieter time but with the Chihuly exhibit still going on, it was still pretty busy.  

I saw that the butterfly pavilion was open so I decided to walk through.  This giant swallowtail was the only one of his kind that I saw.


But, there were plenty of these zebra longings.  They were definitely the dominate butterfly in the pavilion.  


I did see a few white peacocks fluttering around.  I didn't stay in the pavilion very long.  I wanted to get on with my walk.  

7 comments:

Andy said...

You picked the right butterflies to photograph... they are beautiful.

Travel said...

Sounds like a nice walk, thanks for taking us along

biebkriebels said...

What a beautiful photos you made of them!

RedPat said...

Such beautiful creatures, Sharon.

Bill said...

The butterflies are so pretty. Wonderful photos, Sharon.

William Kendall said...

These are photogenic.

Steve Reed said...

Signs of things to come! We don't have any butterflies out and about yet.