Friday, June 19, 2020

Architectural Details


Two years ago I had the opportunity to take a behind the scenes tour of the Gammage Auditorium on the campus of Arizona State University in Tempe.  I posted some photos from that tour here.  Today I have a few more photos that I took that day.


You might remember that this building was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and its design is full of lots of curves and arcs.



Those curves and arcs are mirrored in the carpeting.  The top photo is the central entrance to the auditorium from the lobby.  The middle one is a detail from the ramps that go up to the upper levels and of course, this last shot is a set of stairs in the lobby.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I love the buildings of Frank Lloyd Wright, made once a special tour in the USA to visit many of them.

Steve Reed said...

It's very "Wrightian" to have matching carpets and fixtures. He always considered all the elements of his structures, didn't he?

RedPat said...

I remember your first post, Sharon! It is nice to see that the carpets continue the theme Wright had going.

Revrunner said...

Nice details.

Bill said...

What beautiful design and details.

Allison said...

I have always loved that building. I went to ASU for one semester, and then transferred to UofA, which was a much better fit for me. It looks like a big cake.

Amy said...

I love retro and vintage design, he is one of my favourites.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Fabulous piece of architecture Sharon, he really does have an eclectic style 💙

William Kendall said...

The second shot is my favourite.