Sunday, June 7, 2020

Renaissance Man is Back

For over 30 years, this fellow who I nicknamed Renaissance Man resided at the entrance to one of the twin office buildings in downtown Phoenix called Renaissance Square.  In fact, I featured him way back in 2012.

A little while ago, I noticed he was gone from his perch in front of the building.  I actually asked the concierge at the building what happened to him but she didn't know and didn't even remember him being there.  He must have been missing longer than I thought.

About two weeks ago, I spotted him standing on a downtown corner looking a bit like he's hailing a cab.  (I bet he doesn't have much luck.  Most cab drivers prefer their customer's clothed.)  
Tomorrow, I'll show you where I found him.


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm back at my favorite Italian villa only this time I go inside.

11 comments:

Andy said...

The Renaissance Man is on the move.

William Kendall said...

At least he's accounted for.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I wonder why they moved him Sharon, he looked so right in his previous spot. Can't wait to see his new situation 😊

Steve Reed said...

I wonder where he's been all this time? Self-isolating?

Regina said...

Someone put a mask on that dude!🤣🤣🤣🤣

RedPat said...

I wonder if they are going to put the poem back here with him?

Bill said...

He probably just got tired of the same olf view. Needs a refreshing new spot and a mask. :)

Catalyst said...

bill burke (above) made me laugh. Yes, you should have put a mask on him, Sharon.

Bob Crowe said...

So it's not in the original location? Makes me think of when Missouri's own John Ashcroft was attorney general and tried to drape the nude statues in the Department of Justice.

Kay said...

He does look like he's hailing a cab.
What a comment on life today that people are suggesting a mask for the guy more than a fig leaf.

Catarina said...

Indecent exposure!
:))