Monday, June 22, 2020

Hidden Meanings

This mural appears on the side of some new condominiums located in downtown Phoenix.  The artist, Clyde Thompson calls it "La Musa" which translates to "the muse".  Thompson completed his art studies at ASU and now has murals all over the valley.

The condominiums are called enHance Park Condominiums.  They are located near the Roosevelt Row Arts District on one side and the Margaret T Hance Park on the other side.  Hance Park is a city park named for Phoenix's first female mayor, Margaret Hance.    She was mayor of the city of Phoenix from 1976 to 1983.  Between the name of condominiums and the name of the mural, there is a lot of play on words going on here.

Taking part in Monday Murals.

16 comments:

biebkriebels said...

A pretty image!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

There certainly is ๐Ÿ˜Š It's a beautifully executed mural Sharon, love the shadow effect, very pretty muse ๐Ÿ’œ

Andy said...

Very attractive mural. Nice to see one with no graffiti.

Iris Flavia said...

Intereting mural for sure!

RedPat said...

I like this a lot, Sharon!
Stay safe - I heard that Arizona is a covid hotspot now.

Catarina said...

I like the mural!

Steve Reed said...

Why didn't they just call it "Hance Park Condominiums"? EnHance sounds pretty gimmicky. Someone was trying too hard!

Silver in AZ said...

pretty, but a little blurry. ;) LOL

Bill said...

A pretty mural. We also heard Arizona is a hotspot on our news today. Stay safe!

Catalyst said...

I like this one. And I remember Maggie Hance fondly from my time at Channel 12.

Mae Travels said...

This is the second multi-story mural I've seen this week on Sami's link party. I think they are really neat. What a lot of work and talent!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bob Crowe said...

It's the stop action effect that pulls me in.

Amy said...

I like it too, she looks like someone who is in touch with the earth.

Sami said...

Lovely mural Sharon. Thanks for participating :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies for visiting so late this week. I've had all kinds of trouble keeping my internet going, and now I'm playing catch up.

This is quite unique. I am so happy you shared the history of this area. It's a beautiful mural, too.

Shilpa said...

Very nice picture . I have many of these pictures when I visited georgia .