Monday, June 29, 2020

Wild Rising....Still on View


When I went to the garden last Friday, I was surprised to see the the exhibit called "Wild Rising" was still on view.  I posted about this exhibit a few times last October when it opened.  You might remember the cute meerkats.  Usually, the large exhibits at the Desert Botanical Garden run from October to mid-May.  I see on their website that this exhibit is scheduled to run into November of 2020.  I bet that the travel restrictions associated with the pandemic have extended the stay.  The responsible art group is from Milan Italy.


You also might remember that this elephant was located in a room all to himself and labeled "The Elephant in the Room".  The message was about climate change.  It looks as though the Covid-19 problems have brought him out of his room and into the fresh air.  I found him standing where the Christmas tree is usually located.  


Also enjoying the fresh air and blue skies were these sunflowers.  They always encourage a smile.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

The elephant has lost his meaning in the open air, but it will do him good!

RedPat said...

Love the sunflower pic, Sharon!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I remember this fab exhibition Sharon, 'the elephant in the room' that was funny and serious at the same time 😉 Gorgeous sunflowers too, enjoy summer 💛

Sami said...

Love the yellow snail, so cute.
I hadn't seen the meerkats, they are so cute :)
The sunflowers always bring a smile to my face too.

Bill said...

I remember the elephant in the room., he looks good outside. Great sunflower photo, I like it.

William Kendall said...

I like these!

Steve Reed said...

It's cool that they extended the show. Maybe they wanted to give people more time to see it? Or maybe they couldn't get the replacement show off the ground in time.

Bob Crowe said...

It's still the elephant in the room.