Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Color Purple


When I went on my walk at the Desert Botanical Garden for the first time in three months, I was drawn to lots of purple blooms in different places.  Above are the blooms of the Guayacan shrub.  I always enjoy seeing these blooms.


This one was new to me.  I had to ask a gardener who was near what it was.  She said it was called a purple potato plant.  She said it was a relative of nightshade and I can see a similarity in the blooms.


There were two artichokes in full bloom making a wispy splash of color.


The cape plumbago was also in full bloom.  Lots of pretty flowers in my favorite color.  

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting a little known historic site.

10 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh I didn't even know artichokes flowered like this Sharon, it's a bit like a huge thistle 😉 The plumbago I know very well, I have a hedge of it in the back garden, looks amazing when in bloom 💜

biebkriebels said...

Love the colour purple!

Karl said...

Beautiful !

Steve Reed said...

Glad you got back to the garden! (As the old "Woodstock" song says!)

Travel said...

I miss the gardens

Sami said...

Beautiful purple blooms. I've never seen an artichoke in bloom, only the ones you buy in the supermarket :)

RedPat said...

You were at the garden at the right time to see so many flowers, Sharon!

Bill said...

Purple passion, a beautiful colour. I never knew artichokes flowered either, what a beautiful sight to see.

Catalyst said...

I love those purple flowers too. And I had just read William's blog (Ottawa Daily Photo) which showed me his lilacs blooming.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful closeups.