Saturday, June 13, 2020

Second Chance Flowers


Over the past two days, I've been weeding out photos from my various folders.  I had 3,500 photos from the Desert Botanical Garden in the year 2014 and I wanted to thin that out.  That was the year that there was a Chihuly exhibit at the garden so I knew there would be more than usual but 3,500 seemed a bit excessive.  So while I was thinning it down to 1,600, I found a number of interesting flower photos that I took that year.  I thought I'd give them a chance to shine on the blog.  Up first is a shrimp plant in bloom.  Those bloom really do look like shrimp, don't they?


Above is an African iris.  These tiny iris blooms pop up every year in the same spot in the garden.


The blooms on a Nightshade plant looked very good against that bright wall.


A big, round Leek bloom is being visited by some bees.


Another bee is visiting this Belleza Gaura bloom.


These Sky Flowers are a favorite of mine.  I love their color.


The blooms of Society Garlic are very pretty even if the root is smelly but tasty.  

I found quite a few really nice photos in that group as I reviewed them.  I'll have to feature some more of them in the future.  I might even do another post of creations from that 2014 Chihuly exhibit.  I love his beautiful glass creations so much.  

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Always good to have our the archives, beautiful photos!

Andy said...

Very nice. Finding gems like these flowers make the album cleanup well worth it.

Karl said...

Wonderful pics, Sharon !

RedPat said...

It makes you wonder why you never posted these before, Sharon! They are quite lovely!

Bill said...

Beautiful photos, Sharon. I really like the busy bees doing their thing. Great captures.

Revrunner said...

I haven't seen many bees lately. Maybe it's just the time of day when I'm out and visiting various gardens.

Steve Reed said...

It's always fun to revisit the archives! I'm impressed you can remember what all those flowers are. Sometimes when I look back at my photos from botanical gardens I think, "WHAT is that plant again?!"

Bob Crowe said...

Some wonderful macros. I've never heard of a shrimp plant but I sure see the reason for the name.

William Kendall said...

Wow!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

They all definitely do deserve a chance to shine here Sharon. I haven't seen a shrimp flower before, amazing it is ✨