Wednesday, June 17, 2020

One of My Favorite Spots


I miss my walks at the Desert Botanical Garden very much.  I can't wait to be able to go back.  One of my favorite 'resting' spots is at this table.  It's almost always available so if I'm in the mood for a breather, I often sit here.  That tree just outside the fence is a Cascalote tree and it blooms during the winter months.


Those pretty yellow blooms are very attractive to bees and small birds so there is always a lot of activity happening in and around the tree during those months.  As you can see from the top photo, those little yellow flowers blanket the ground and the table too.  If I take a macro shot of one of the flowers on that glass top, it looks like the flower is sitting on ice.

There is a lot to see in this spot even if I'm just sitting.

PS:  the garden has reopened for shorter hours and for members only but only with reservations.  I just made a reservation for Friday, the 26th at 7:30AM.  Hopefully it will be cool enough to enjoy a stroll.  I'll let you all know.

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Lovely sights, we all miss so the things we used to visit en enjoy. It doesn't feel good to be so limited...

Andy said...

It's beautiful!. Stay safe, keep your distance and take lots of photos.

RedPat said...

That is gorgeous, Sharon! I hope the weather is good on the 26th!

Steve Reed said...

Oh good! I'm glad you'll be able to revisit soon! Kew has reopened in much the same way, but we haven't been because we're still avoiding public transportation.

Catarina said...

It would be mine too.

Revrunner said...

The table does look most inviting. One of these days . . .

Silver in AZ said...

what a lovely spot! I can't wait to see more photos from your visit on the 26th!

Bill said...

It would be nice to sit there and just be.

Travel said...

I need to make time for that the next time I am there. My Vernon reopens for members this weekend.

Catalyst said...

I agree with you about that macro shot but at first I thought it was floating in water!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The perfect spot to rest for a while Sharon.. you must be so excited about your upcoming visit I know how much you love the Botanical gardens, can't wait to see your pics from the visit. Your sweet wee yellow ice skater is a beauty 💛

Bob Crowe said...

I can understand why. We've been there two or three times and the place is incomparable.

William Kendall said...

Lovely!