Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Tempe....from Above


Flying into Phoenix  Sunday evening, I managed to get a pretty good shot of Gammage Auditorium on the ASU campus.  That's the Frank Lloyd Wright designed building I've posted photos of before.  (The round building below Gammage is the ASU Music building.)


But, in case you forgot what it looks like (from the ground), here is another photo.  I love that flight back from Orange County because it's only an hour long and it flies over territory that I'm familiar with so I can easily recognize landmarks on the ground.  It follows Interstate 10 most of the way and I've driven that road to California many times.  What I haven't seen on that drive are the large number of solar farms between here and there.  Huge fields of solar panels are visible from the air all the way across the desert.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nice to have a birds eye!

RedPat said...

It is a beautiful building, Sharon!

Roseann said...

I was just in England Scotland and Wales. I was very surprised to see how many homes with solar panels on their roofs. In countries where there is so much less sun than AZ. We should be totally solar. If it works for them it should work 10 times better for us.

Sharon said...

Roseann...you are so right. Seeing all those solar panels made me wonder where that electricity is going. I'll have to do some research.

Bill said...

A beautiful view. I like Roseann's comment and agree with her.

DeniseinVA said...

Two great photos Sharon. Hard to get an aerial view at times but you certainly managed a very interesting one here.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Amy said...

Nice area. It's much better to be able to see things from above, then you can see everything.

Steve Reed said...

Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings are STILL so distinctive, even 60 years after his death! I like how the top of the arches have little "curtains" in them -- appropriate for a theater.

It's always interesting to spot things from the air and get a different perspective. When I first opened the post I thought maybe you'd bought a really good drone!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the aerial perspective Sharon, this is a unique piece of architecture from whichever angle. A one hour flight seems almost bearable to me 😁

PerthDailyPhoto said...

P.s. solar panels are huge here too, we've had a solar heated water system for as long as I can remember ✨