Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The "Head" Above the Restaurant


Back in April when I took an early morning walk in old town Scottsdale, I snapped this photo of the Los Olivos Mexican Patio restaurant.  When I approached the building, I had completely forgotten about this giant Aztec-like head on the roof.  This restaurant has a history the goes back 70 years and the business is still in the hands of the same family.  A few years ago, I posted a photo of one of their very unique dining rooms inside the restaurant.  Dining in that room makes you feel like you are "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea."

8 comments:

Andy said...

The sculpture on the roof certainly is a eye catcher.
PS: I see what you mean by Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea.

Steve Reed said...

It reminds me of one of those figureheads on the bow of old sailing ships.

biebkriebels said...

An eye catching sculpture indeed!

Janey and Co. said...

What an unusual place. Dining in that room would be an adventure. I rolled back through some of your entries that I have missed. You have done a great job finding things to post! I especially got a kick out of the ironing board...maybe that is what happened to my grown daughter’s device...cause they certainly haven’t used it lately!

Catarina said...

A very unique dinning room.
I'm sure their food is delicious.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wow! As dramatique on the outside as if is inside Sharon.. the family are definitely doing something right 💙

RedPat said...

That head would be hard to miss if you were looking for the restaurant, Sharon!

Bill said...

Very unique, a heads up restaurant.