Monday, June 8, 2020

Graphic Desert


A few weeks ago, I drove downtown on a Sunday afternoon to see if I could locate a new mural I had read about by Jane Goat.  It was fairly easy to find on west side of the Hyatt Regency Hotel.  Her murals tend to be graphic in design and using bold colors.  this mural is a graphic take on the southwest's Sonoran Desert.


This is where I found Mr. Renaissance Man, hanging out on the corner.  There was no plaque or sign situated on the base so there seems to be no explanation as to why he has been moved here.

Check out ColourfulWorld for more murals from around the globe.

14 comments:

biebkriebels said...

The mural is very pretty and Mr. Renaissance I can appreciate too. :)

Catarina said...

There he is... in all his glory... well, that's pushing it...

The mural is pretty cool. I like it.

William Kendall said...

It's quite striking.

Bertiebo said...

The mural is different from most murals. I like it very much

Taken For Granted said...

Sharon, This is a mural I have not seen before. Good find. I like her design, but I never found the Sororan Desert that dark. It was always about bright light for me.

Steve Reed said...

I like it! Is it painted on a window?

Mae Travels said...

I like the different, but still desert, color combination. For me the artistic desert colors are the ones painted on the Arizona bridge supports on the Interstates.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

RedPat said...

I love the style of this one, Sharon! It really looks as if there is more to come for the man's feet. Maybe the poem is to be reinstalled.

Bill said...

A very pretty mural and the statue looks great there. Could he be shooting a free throw? :)

Travel said...

Great color, such a pretty city

Tom said...

...WOW, what a creative corner!!!

Kay said...

I now think Renaissance Man has found his place. He's flagging down traffic. "Hey! Take a look at this cool new mural!" I like it too.

Sami said...

I like this mural with the geometric shapes. The statue is quite nice and so is the yellow water spout/fire hydrant?
Thanks for participating Sharon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I apologize for visiting so late. This mural is stand alone piece of art. It could be in a museum. It is bold and beautiful. Quite different from the Renaissance man who is also quite good, too.