Friday, August 18, 2023

Random California Shots

 

I have a few random shots from California today starting with this fish-out-of-water shot above.  This was taken in Newport Beach at the Fashion Island shopping center.  These fish appear to be flying above the shrubs in this decorative planter.

Here is another bit of fishy decor.  This time this wooden fish was part of the decor inside a seafood restaurant where I had superb fish tacos.  

Here's something I don't think I've ever seen before, a duck on the beach.  I'm used to seeing plenty of seagulls and other aquatic birds but ducks tend to stick with rivers, lakes and ponds.  



Above are a few of the colorful koi who came to greet me at my favorite koi pond.  I think they thought my camera was something holding fish food.

The photo to the left is the distinctive door handle for the Vladimir Kush gallery in Laguna Beach.  I wrote about visiting this wonderful gallery last week.  



8 comments:

roentare said...

A very creative set of photos

Travel said...

I stayed at a hotel next to that mall a couple of times. Nice door handle.

RedPat said...

The duck was having a California beach holiday too, Sharon. ;-)

Bill said...

I really like the door handle, it's very creative.

Steve Reed said...

I love Vladimir's door handle! That duck DOES look a little weird on the beach.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

The duck appears to be lost! Been forever since I've been to Fashion Island. As a kid, I worked just down the street at a gas station while it was being built!

Catarina said...

Lovely photos. The handle... quite interesting... : )

William Kendall said...

Koi are certainly used to people