Friday, August 25, 2023

Hiding in Plain Sight

 

Besides all the bird sightings from last Sunday, here are a few of the little critters I encountered on my walk.  This rabbit thought he was hiding under a shrub but I spotted him.

This squirrel scampered across the trail in front of me and then stopped for a snack on the other side.  Those mesquite seed pods must be pretty tasty.  

Finally, this little desert spiny lizard stopped by for a quick visit.  It seems like these fellows are always happy to pose for a photo or two.  

10 comments:

Travel said...

Amazing what you can see, when you slow down and look.

Gemel said...

I love encountering creatures on my meanders too.

Lovely photos, I especially like the lizard.

RedPat said...

That rabbit must be able to hear things from really far away. What ears!

William Kendall said...

I've passed by rabbits at night that I wouldn't have seen but for the fact that they moved.

Catarina said...

A very productive outing. : )

Bill said...

A wonderful variety of critters. The rabbit's ears are really tall, it must have good hearing. :)

roentare said...

Gorgeous wildlife shots in your selection.

Steve Reed said...

Hello, critters!

Aimz said...

You'd like the lizards we have here, tuatara and skinks. Rabbits are classed a as a pest, sad cos they are cute.

Stefan Jansson said...

Looks like a great walk.