Sunday, August 27, 2023

Plant Recovery

 

Two years ago I posted that one of my favorite shrubs had been savagely pruned down to just the base.  You can see that post here.  

When I was at the garden last Sunday, I was pleased to see that it had grown back and was nice and full and surprisingly, showing a few blooms.  This is a guayacan bush and it usually blooms during the month of May.  I was surprised to see a few blooms on it in August especially after the extreme heat we endured during July.

10 comments:

roentare said...

Beautiful flowers

Travel said...

Sometimes a major pruning is needed. I am past due for a haircut.

RedPat said...

That is a lovely purple. Good the bush grew back, Sharon.

Bill said...

The flowers are very pretty. The bush looks great.

Catarina said...

It seems the man knew what he was doing. : )

Cloudia said...

I too amazed at the resilience of nature! Thank you for sharing this uplifting post with us friend. Aloha

Gardens at Waters East said...

Always how nature can sometimes recover. Nice to see the blooms even in August.

Catalyst said...

What goes around comes around.

Steve Reed said...

Glad it bounced back! I guess they know how to prune at the botanical garden. :)

Gemel said...

I don't like pruning at all, but it does help the plants.