Monday, August 7, 2023

A Long Walk on the Beach

 

I started my day on Sunday with a long walk on the beach.  There is nothing like the sound of waves crashing and the misty sea air start the day on a good note.



The tide was low exposing lots of rocks that were encrusted with mussel shells. I don't think I've ever seen so many shells stuck to all those rocks.  


















I stopped at my favorite little koi pond hoping to find some pretty waterlilies.  I was lucky, I found one in my favorite color.

11 comments:

roentare said...

These mollusks look incredible

Sami said...

Pretty waterlilly. Did you pick any mussels for lunch?

Catarina said...

Hope you had a very pleasant walk on the beach.
Rocks and mussels... a very common site back home. : )

Gardens at Waters East said...

Where were you walking? I don't remember an ocean beach in Phnoix. I agree walking along the ocean is so good for both mind and body.

RedPat said...

It all looks so relaxing, Sharon. And must be a lot cooler for you.

Travel said...

I need to spend more time along that coast.

Steve Reed said...

It must feel great to be walking the beach after so much time in the desert!

Catalyst said...

Some of my fondest memories are of days at the beach.

Bill said...

The waterlily is beautiful. So much beauty to see on a beach walk.

Gemel said...

I know how refreshing it is to be by the ocean after a long break, it calms and invigorates at the same time.

William Kendall said...

The shells make quite a sight.