Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Another Themed Dinner

 

Do you remember last September when I posted about a group of friends who got together to taste different versions of mole (the Mexican sauce made with chilies and chocolate)?  Well, that same group got together again last Saturday for a Mediterranean dinner this time.  I made a Greek Salad above.  I've made Greek salads before but I've always crumbled the feta cheese into the salad.  I read a recipe that said the Greek way of doing it was to top the salad with the block of feta and then when serving it break off pieces for the salad.  So that's what I did!  It was yummy along with the kabobs and rice and hummus and veggies.  Someone even made delicious spanakopita triangles.  


Here's a picture of some of the Mediterranean "eaters" at the party.  As always, it was a fun group of people having lively conversation and lots of laughs.  


10 comments:

Andy said...

Nice to see people with smiles. Salads are me weakness... delicious!

Travel said...

Looks good and fun,

William Kendall said...

Sounds like you enjoyed it.

Catarina said...

That was wonderful!!! I love those get-togethers with good food! The salad looks so yummy!

RedPat said...

The Greek salad looks wonderful, Sharon. I love feta cheese.

Stefan Jansson said...

I am a big fan of Greek food. I will probably make Greek meatballs for dinner today. The salad looks very tasty.

Steve Reed said...

That salad looks great! I love a good Greek salad.

Bill said...

Good friends, good meal makes for a great time.

roentare said...

Good food and good people

Catalyst said...

I like Ina Garten's recipes and cooking shows. She's not afraid to open a can in her kitchen!