Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Full Moon

 

As promised, I returned to the garden late Friday afternoon and got to see the full moon floating above the garden against the twilight blue sky.  The moon was created by UK artist Luke Jerram and like the real thing, it has traveled around the world many times.  You can see photos from some of the places it has visited here


In this shot, I captured the moon rising above the setting sun.



















Once it got dark, the moon was a stunning sight.  The display location allowed the visitors to walk all around it and even under it.  

It was looking pretty spectacular floating over one of the garden mountains.  

Today is the last day to see it at the garden so I'm glad I got to see it while it was here.  I'm even glad I got to see the "zipper" mishap. 😃


10 comments:

Andy said...

That is amazing! It looks like the real thing.

Travel said...

Wow!

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful.

His Moon appears to be a permanent installation in our Nature Museum, so he must have made several.

RedPat said...

That is fabulous, Sharon.

Allison said...

That's an amazing thing. Thanks for showing it to us.

Steve Reed said...

Glad they got that zipper fixed! It is indeed very impressive.

Bill said...

It is amazing, I love it.

roentare said...

That moon looks so real!

Stefan Jansson said...

That is a bit weird, I will have to check out the artist.

Linda Sue said...

This is just the best!!! What a feat for the installation folks!. Brilliant- so lucky that you went there and took photos. Thank you!