Friday, February 10, 2023

Coming Soon to the Valley of the Sun

 

Yes, the Super Bowl is coming to the Phoenix area this weekend in case you hadn't heard.  However, this sign I found on a corner in Scottsdale is as close as I'm going to get.  Apparently there are all kinds of events taking place in downtown Phoenix on Saturday and the big game is happening in Glendale on Sunday.  

To add to all the chaos, the Phoenix Open Golf Tournament is also taking place this weekend.  Hotel rooms are at a premium and mostly full, restaurant reservations are non-existent, rental cars are impossible to find and the airport is expecting record numbers of passengers.  Even the Scottsdale airport that caters to private jets is scrambling for room.  It's going to be a good weekend to stick close to home.

9 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Not a sport people care about over here, although there are a few teams and a league. If I were you I would go out and photograoh all the visitors and try to enjoy everything around the big game.

Andy said...

The weekends are not always the best.

roentare said...

can't imagine the fervor around the time of big bowl

Travel said...

I wonder who scheduled both the golf tournament and the football game on the same weekend? That is going to be crazy.

Steve Reed said...

Is it my imagination or is the Super Bowl later and later every year? Didn't it used to be in January?

RedPat said...

I didn't know it would be taking place in Phoenix. I think I would avoid downtown if I were you, Sharon.

William Kendall said...

I would avoid it like the plague.

Bill said...

It will be a crazy weekend for sure.

Catalyst said...

Thanks to the Great Buddha for Prescott Valley!