Wednesday, February 15, 2023

A Sure Sign

 

Seeing the Goodyear blimp floating in the sky is a sure sign that something big is going on around town.  I photographed it when I was walking around the Desert Botanical Garden.  It was way off in the distance but I zoomed in to get a photo.  I'm pretty sure it was floating over the Phoenix Open Golf Tournament at the time.  In fact, I saw it on TV at a friend's house.  She had the golf event on TV. 


My friend Julie texted this photo of the blimp as it passed by the "praying monk" rock formation on Camelback Mountain.  This was on Sunday afternoon and  the blimp was headed to west valley to float over the Super Bowl.  

The blimp got plenty of exercise over this last weekend.  

7 comments:

William Kendall said...

Can't recall ever seeing one here.

Andy said...

I really do hope that 2023 is really going to be a Good Year.

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Travel said...

It is one of the newer ones made by Zeppelin in Germany, I had a ride on one of those in 2015.

RedPat said...

There is something fascinating about seeing them moving about in the sky.

Bill said...

They seem to be a big event blimp. I like Andy's comment. :)

roentare said...

That would be so cool before my own eyes. That sort of advertising would be rather expensive