Friday, February 17, 2023

Imaginative Fashions

 

I stopped at the Phoenix Art Museum last weekend to see the latest fashion exhibit.  This one is called "The Modern Cut of Geoffrey Beene".  What a great designer.


I loved almost everything in this show.  I could have worn many of these beautiful dresses back in the day.  I especially loved that green dress with all the dots on it.

















That little grey dress with the white bib trimmed with rickrack reminded me of something my mother made for me many, many years ago. 

Remember rickrack?  

















Geoffrey Beene's designs were all about comfort, movement and modern sensibility.  He tended premiere his line of clothing in ballet or dance studios and used dancers as models.  


I love that party dress to the right.  I would have loved to wear that.  

This was a great show full of beautiful and appealing clothes.  No wonder he was a popular designer.  

7 comments:

roentare said...

What a variety of beautiful classic costumes

William Kendall said...

Energetic comes to mind.

Travel said...

Fashion as art, is an interesting concept.

RedPat said...

His style was very wearable. I would have loved to own any of these back in the day (or today), Sharon. Love that orange coat in the last shot.

Bill said...

I had the same thought as Travel.

Amy said...

I like them all but I have to agree with you about the green one, that's beautiful.

Gemel said...

Fabulous display of the dresses.