Monday, February 13, 2023

The Moon's Zipper!

 

Last Friday I went to the Desert Botanical Garden to see an exhibit that will only be there for one week called Museum of the Moon.  I had seen some photos on Instagram from the UK where it had been on display and I wanted to see where the garden would display this huge orb.

Unfortunately, the wind had taken a toll on this display and they were struggling to get it under control the entire time I was there.  No worries though, I had already planned to go back in the evening to see it after dark.  I spoke to a garden employee about the trouble they were having and she said that the moon's zipper  had broken causing it to collapse.  She said it was a simple repair but the unusually heavy winds that day were giving the technicians a lot of trouble and they were struggling to get it under control.  

I bet you didn't know the moon had a zipper!  

Tomorrow I'll show you the photos I took in the evening when the moon was once again perfectly round and floating in the sky.  

7 comments:

roentare said...

Initially I thought that was a pear lol. Nice moon exhibit

Travel said...

I wonder if NASA has found the zipper.

Andy said...

Next time they should ask the The Man in the Moon for help. Corny joke eh?

RedPat said...

Even the moon has trouble with zippers.

William Kendall said...

I look forward to seeing it properly.

Steve Reed said...

Are we sure that isn't a Chinese surveillance balloon? (And did it have a zipper, I wonder?!)

Bill said...

I had the same question as Steve.