Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Beautiful Music

 

Last Saturday evening, I attended a performance of the Phoenix Symphony.  They were doing the music of John Williams which is always a crowd pleaser.  This group was performing in the Symphony Hall lobby and entertaining people as they arrived.  

My friend Dave took this photo at the end of the concert.  As you can see, it took a lot of people to bring the music to life.  You might also notice the musician dressed like Princess Leia.  Many guests and a few of the musicians dressed as characters from the movies Williams composed the music for.

10 comments:

roentare said...

A really fantastic orchestra.

Gemel said...

One of my favorite things to do.

biebkriebels said...

Looks like a fun performance to enjoy!

Andy said...

What a show! John Williams is one of my most favorites.

Travel said...

Back in the middle 70's I photographed a backstage rehearsal at Disney World, with John Williams conducting. I probably still have the negatives, when I retire I should scan all of the old B&W film.

William Kendall said...

I of course love his music, so I'd enjoy that.

RedPat said...

That is a large orchestra. It must have been a fun night, Sharon.

Catarina said...

Lucky you!!

Bill said...

Sounds like a fantastic evening for some great music. I would enjoy that too.

Amy said...

Wish I was there to hear it, looks exciting.