Monday, September 14, 2020

Unlocking Your Potential

 


One of my trips last week was way down into south Phoenix in search of this mural I had seen a photo of. It's called "Unlocking Your Potential and Freedom" and was created by artist Lucinda Hinojos.  The artist dedicated the mural to the "dreamers".  It depicts a young migrant girl unlocking a cage full of doves and butterflies freeing them.  It really is a beautiful mural in spite of the distracting road work in front of it.


Here is another photo that I didn't crop down so you could see that the street was blocked off right down the middle.  I ran into so much road work in every direction I went.  I realize this type of work needs to be done but, I have to admit I did some grumbling to myself about it.  Between the road work and the smokey skies, my plans to photograph things seemed to be doomed.

Taking part in Monday Murals.

15 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It looks beautiful with a moving message. Sad of the roadworks indeed...:(

William Kendall said...

Beautifully done!

Travel said...

Maybe in January, the country can unlock some cages.

Andy said...

Nice mural that has emotion.

RedPat said...

It is beautiful, Sharon! With a beautiful message too!

Catarina said...

I like it a lot.

Sami said...

Lovely mural with doves and butterflies. What a pity about the roadworks blocking part of the mural.
Thanks for participating Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

That IS a nice mural. I love the message. It must have been a drag to drive down there and find barriers in front of it, but your photo worked well nonetheless.

Bill said...

Beautiful mural even with the road stuff in the way. I love the message.

Catalyst said...

It's a beautiful mural with a moral.

Gemel said...

Beautiful work. With a message of hope and peace infused into it.

Kay said...

Lovely mural and a nice metaphor.
The highway in and out of Sequim is two lanes. The way to Seattle crosses the Hood Canal Bridge, a floating bridge that opens for ship traffic. The newspaper today announced that it will be closed for repairs parts of several days this week, plus most of overnight on Thursday. Repairs or ship traffic make it really difficult to estimate any travel off our peninsula.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It can be tricky sometimes getting a street art clear shot, you did well here with this lovely and meaningful mural Sharon💜

restlessjo said...

Shame about the obstruction but it's a lovely mural.

Susie of Arabia said...

The mural is really realistic. I had to do a double take as I thought it was a real girl.