Sunday, September 20, 2020

A Tribute to a Remarkable Woman

The news of the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg hit me rather hard yesterday.  She was someone I had great admiration, respect and even love for.  Her work over the years centered around gender equality but she was always a champion of justice no matter the cause. 

She was already in her 80's when she became the subject of a documentary film and a feature movie about her life.  And about 3 years ago, I saw a play called "Sisters In Law" that was about her and Justice Sandra Day O'Connor when they were both on the court bench.  I was lucky to see her at work when I sat in on oral arguments at the Supreme Court and I attended a lecture at Arizona State University featuring her and O'Connor.

She was a remarkable woman with a compassionate heart, brilliant legal mind and a searing wit.   She will be greatly missed.

Rest in Peace RBG! 


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns.  It seems appropriate to revisit the United States Supreme Court.


14 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Those people make the difference!

Andy said...

She was one of a kind. (╯︵╰,)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Would have been such an experience to see her in person Sharon, such a legend. She will be sorely missed and hopefully not replaced before the elections in November ✨

RedPat said...

She is such a loss for your country. Chaos is really going to rule the next few months.

Travel said...

She did so much good,for so long, big shoes to fill.

Steve Reed said...

It's interesting how she became such an icon, so much more than many on the Supreme Court. Being a woman in that rarified atmosphere helped, of course, but Sandra Day O'Connor didn't have the same star power. Why is that, I wonder? A simple matter of charisma?

Revrunner said...

I deeply appreciated both her incisive mind and her quick wit. Both will be greatly missed.

Janey and Co. said...

Made me very sad too. I watched the documentary on her last night. What a treasure she was. Such a force for such a tiny soft spoken shy lady.

Bill said...

The world needs more people like her. She will be missed.

Catarina said...

A remarkable woman indeed!
I saw the documentary about her 3x already. I missed the movie, but I hope to watch it soon.

Trump doesn't even dare to make negative comments about her. I'm sure he was strongly advise not to do it. Disgusting man.

Kay said...

The news came like a gut punch.
So, so brilliant and accomplished. We owe her so much.

Catalyst said...

I echo your words.

William Kendall said...

Not unexpected, but a huge loss.

Susie of Arabia said...

You're so lucky to have been able to see her in person. What a great loss for our nation. We've lost a tremendous ally and advocate.