Monday, September 7, 2020

Revisiting the Masks


This is another of the many exhibits that have taken place at the Desert Botanical Garden.  This exhibit was inside the small gallery that is at the garden.  They draped the entire room in black drapes to display this group of BioMythic Masks created by artist Gwynn Popovac.  


I remember this one very well because I went back several times to view the masks while the exhibit was there from January of 2010 to January of 2011.



I found the masks fascinating.  They were made from a variety of materials and they certainly have a certain mythological air about them.  When I was in that small gallery looking at them, it felt like they were looking at me too.



I loved looking at these photos again.  It was almost like revisiting the exhibit one more time!

15 comments:

Karl said...

Wow, really beautiful these masks !

biebkriebels said...

Wow what a beautiful photos!

Steve Reed said...

Wild! It's great to have these photos and, as you said, revisit the exhibit.

Andy said...

What a variety. Someone put a lot of constructed hours of skills in to creating these wonder pieces of art.

Sami said...

Very fancy and unusual masks Sharon.

Travel said...

Great lighting.

RedPat said...

The masks and the photos are fabulous, Sharon! Wild stuff!

Revrunner said...

I often see things in my photos that I didn't see while I was taking them. Kinda makes photography all the more worthwhile.

Catarina said...

I would visit that display. For some reason I like to look at masks.
: )

Catalyst said...

Great exhibit. I like the second one the best. The ones with their mouths agape are kind of scary.

Bill said...

Beautiful creations! The masks and photot are stunning.

Gemel said...

Oh my goodness they are absolutely amazing!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow the masks are superb Sharon, they could transform the wearer into a mystical, mythical and quite scary being 💜

William Kendall said...

Magical!

Susie of Arabia said...

These masks are spectacular! Wow.