Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Look Deep Into My Corolla

 

The last time I was at the Desert Botanical Garden, I noticed a lot of Jimsonweed blooms in different areas of the garden.  I couldn't help photographing a few of them.  I got up close and personal with the bloom above and pointed my lens right down into the bell-like flower.



They really are very impressive blooms but beware, it is a very toxic plant.  It's one of those plants that are pretty to look at but don't touch and certainly don't ingest.  

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Funny way to look at a flower!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautifully shown here Sharon, it's amazing how many beautiful blooms are poisonous 🌺

Travel said...

Love the close ups

RedPat said...

We have them here too but I didn't know they were toxic!

Steve Reed said...

I love jimsonweed, ever since I found that one on our local housing estate a few weeks ago. I'm going to try to grow some in our garden, I think. (We don't have kids, and Olga isn't a plant-eater, aside from grass.) I love that last photo!

Susie of Arabia said...

I didn't know they were poisonous! Looks a lot like petunias.

Roseann said...

Or is that first photo a painting by Georgia O'Keefe?

Bill said...

Wonderful perspective, Sharon.

Kay said...

I like taking an insect's view of flowers. These are nice shots

Revrunner said...

I especially like that second photo.

William Kendall said...

Quite pretty, but deadly!

Catalyst said...

Beautiful but Deadly! Sounds like a Raymond Chandler novel. :^)>

Gemel said...

Beautiful photos.