Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Steel Jam Session


Another garden art exhibit from the past.  This one took place from the fall of 2010 through May of 2011.  It was called "Steel Jam Session" and it was by sculptor Ludvic.  The artist creates sculptures from found objects.  

I remember that I didn't care for this exhibit when it was at the garden but, now looking back on the photos, I actually do like them.


































These last two photos are the two I posted back in 2011 when the exhibit was going on.  Normally I would just insert a link to that old post but something has corrupted it and the photos don't show.  So instead, here they are again.

Obviously my taste in contemporary art has evolved.  Ten years ago I didn't care for these.  Now I quite like them.

Blogger Update:  Above I made the statement that something corrupted my post from 2011.  I did some further investigation and found that posts dated from June 18, 2011 through July 24, 2011 had some kind of problem that was causing all the photos to appear as a thin black line.  I edited each of them by putting a space between the photo and the text and then updated them and they appear to be working now.  I thought I'd mention it in case this same thing has affected other blogs.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I like the colourfull objects!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It really is funny how looking at things again with time inbetween can make us see something we might not have appreciated before. It's a fun colourful series of sculptures. Oh my gosh that was a bit scary with the photos on your old posts, I'm not even going to go back and look 😱😁

Travel said...

I often think, I should have learned to weld. Love the colors.

Catarina said...

They look good there.

RedPat said...

I like them too, Sharon! Tastes change.
I'm still allowed to revert to Legacy Blogger - hope it lasts a bit longer.

Steve Reed said...

I like them! The light creates some interesting shadows through the cut steel. That's weird about your old posts from 2011 -- I checked mine and they seem fine, but it makes me wonder where else there may be problems!

Janey and Co. said...

I easpecially like that last one.

Revrunner said...

Kinda a look like abandoned farm equipment. :-)

William Kendall said...

Very colourful!

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous, so colourful.

All the best Jan

Susie of Arabia said...

I love recycled art. The bright colors are lovely.