Saturday, September 19, 2020

Next Up: Whispers of a New World

 


After the big bugs that I featured yesterday, the next art exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden was one called "Whispers of a New World" by Carolina Escobar.  

Ms. Escobar creates sculptures that have an organic feel that fits perfectly into a garden setting.  They remind me of the odd shapes that nature forms for plants and seed pods but they also have an alien quality to them.  She makes them from wire frames and resin coated cloth forming the skins.  











 
Carolina Escobar was living in Phoenix but I can't find any information to confirm that she still does.  She is a very creative artist so I can't help wondering what she is up to these days.  I featured some of these sculptures throughout the month of October in 2012 but my favorite one is here.  I love it.

                                                                                                                                                              
The garden purchased the sculpture to the right.  It now sits in one of my many favorite spots in the garden.



11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I like them, they look original and colourful!

Travel said...

Those are different (strange, weird) thought provoking. And isn't that one of the things art is all about, getting us to think.

Steve Reed said...

They remind me of sea creatures.

RedPat said...

They remind me of creatures from under the sea!

Bill said...

I agree with Steve and RedPat. They certainly are beautiful and very creative.

Revrunner said...

Less scary than the bugs, but still . . . :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wow! Oh my gosh this is why I love the creativity of the artistic mind so much Sharon. I remember the sculpture you put a link to, they are really all tres fabulously alien, the Botanical gardens make such a brilliant gallery 💜

Gemel said...

Very creative and colourful. Love them.

Kay said...

They're very different and unique. They look like they fit perfectly into the garden.

William Kendall said...

These are very different.

Susie of Arabia said...

Whimsical, colorful, and interesting. I do like the one you posted a few years ago by the same artist. It's wonderful.