Friday, September 11, 2020

A Favorite of Mine


This is another artwork that was on display at the Desert Botanical Garden back in 2011.  It was a single piece that was there while Steel Jam Sessions was also showing.  This piece is by a local artist, Patricia Sannit.  I featured this one on 7/12/11 when I explained what inspired the artist.



Patricia Sannit works in ceramics and has created a variety of sculptures that have appeared all over the world.  She had an exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum three years ago that I featured here.  However, this piece still remains my favorite.  I like the mystery of it and the ancient feel.

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I agree with you , it is a very intriguing artpiece.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting -- it does seem like some kind of ruin.

Travel said...

It looks fragile, I like it, I wonder if it was all planned, or if she made the blocks and then let them show her the way to stack them?

Sami said...

Very interesting, it looks like an ancient walled city.

RedPat said...

It does look like an ancient civilization!

Catarina said...

I like the ancient feel too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I can see why it's a favourite Sharon. Going back and looking at where the artist got their inspiration you can see its a wonderful interpretation of the original ✨

Bill said...

It looks like an ancient masterpiece.

William Kendall said...

Fascinating!

Catalyst said...

I was just going to type "Fascinating" when I saw William's comment just above! Great minds . . .

Kay said...

What an interesting piece!

Susie of Arabia said...

Love this. It actually looks like some of the villages in the mountains in this area of the world in Saudi and in Yemen.