Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Sunrise Views

 

I took an early morning (6:00 AM) walk at the Desert Botanical Garden on Sunday and got to enjoy the sunrise.  At the highest point in the garden there is a good view to the East, West and North.  Looking directly east, I could watch as the sun was creeping up over the mountains.

I zoomed in just as it was about to make an appearance over the peak.  There is a major power line that runs just outside the garden boundaries so those power lines couldn't be avoided.


Turning around and looking to the west, I can see how the sun makes the Papago buttes glow even redder than they look normally.  


I really enjoyed watching the light change as the sun got higher in the sky.  It made everything look slightly different than it does when the sun is fully up.  It was so nice that on this trip I took more photos of scenes and views than I did of plants, animals and birds.  


14 comments:

Andy said...

In the right place at the right. The sky is spectacular.

Susie of Arabia said...

Are those organ pipe cactus in the pic of the Papago Buttes? I didn't know they were located in the Phoenix area! Love your sunrise pics too, despite the power lines.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The best time of the day if you can get yourself up, not always easy 😉 Gorgeous mountain silhouettes in first two shots Sharon. Your Botanical Gardens would be top of my list to visit 💛

Travel said...

The morning golden hour, at it's best. Next Sunday's Sunday five is already written and scheduled, you read my mind.

RedPat said...

I'm impressed that you were up and around so early. It is a beautiful time of day for sure. The sun isn't coming up here until after 7 am now.

Steve Reed said...

That's beautiful! It's amazing how different things look at a new time of day.

Bill said...

The early morning golden hour! Beautiful photos, the sunrise is stunning.

Kate said...

First light is my favorite time of day, Your photos prove my point that it is the best!!

Janey and Co. said...

Not many of us take the time to see the sunrise. We are too busy rushing to start our day. I think the sunrise is much more spectacular when you see the light changes on an object...like that hill.

William Kendall said...

Glorious dawn shots!

Our sun is rising at seven in the morning tomorrow, so you're getting more light than we are.

Catarina said...

Great shots.
I will have to do that one of these mornings... : )

Gemel said...

Best time of the day watching the sun rise, never miss it myself, the world waking up is spectacular the world over.
Fab photos.

Sami said...

Wow, fabulous photos. I never get up early enough to watch sunsets :)

Sami said...

Sorry not sunsets, but the sun rising, so I just watch sunsets :)