Friday, September 4, 2020

The Sculptures of Allan Houser


Beginning in late November of 2009, the Desert Botanical Garden had a display of Allan Houser sculptures for visitors to admire.  If you remember, I just posted two Houser sculptures that currently reside in Scottsdale two days ago.

This was another beautiful exhibit.  Maybe not as colorful as the Chihuly exhibit from yesterday but inspiring just the same.  The show ran through the end of May 2010.

I think the sculpture in the first photo was my favorite.  It is called Spirit of the Wind and it sat in the center of the garden so it was the first visitors would see when they entered.

The one to the left is called "Dialogue".  These two ladies stood there locked in conversation for about 6 months!










This abstract sculpture is called "Anasazi".  It was perfect for lining up a view in that opening.  I remember seeing lots of guests posing with this one.


This last one is called "The Corngrinder".  It represents a Native American woman grinding corn into cornmeal.  I think maybe some corn bread might be on the menu.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Those are nice sculptures very different of each other.

Travel said...

Nice work, maybe we should try sculpture?

RedPat said...

i find it difficult to choose a favorite!
Thanks for the blogger feedback. It seems we are not the only ones reverting back to Legacy Blogger for as long as we can. I think my blog is going to look a bit weird for a while when I have to change.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Four amazing sculptures Sharon, I like the first also, very artistic representation of the four winds 💜

Steve Reed said...

When I first saw the headline of your post I read "Alien Houser." (I didn't have my glasses on.) Some of them DO look a little extra-terrestrial!)

William Kendall said...

The first is my favourite.

Bill said...

Very nice sculptures. My favorite is the first one too.

Amy said...

I like all of those, it's hard to say which one is my favourite.

Revrunner said...

Very appropriate for that region.

Kay said...

I like them all. Each is unique and very well done.

Susie of Arabia said...

A very nice outdoor art exhibit. I love how the first two sculptures almost mimic the surrounding vegetation.