Thursday, March 2, 2023

Theatre Night

 

It was back to the theatre Sunday evening this time for the Broadway production of "Frozen".  We parked the car next to one of the fountains so that gave me an opportunity to get a nice reflection shot of Grady Gammage auditorium, one of Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpieces.  

I wasn't sure what to expect of "Frozen".  I had never seen the movie so the story was going to be new to me.  I must admit I loved it.  The music was great and the special effects were amazing.  When Elsa's green gown turns into a sparkling ice gown right before our eyes, I was blown away.  I tried to search the internet to find out how they were able to do that but no luck.  Disney is keeping that trick a secret.  

13 comments:

Andy said...

The water reflection is fantastic. It is perfectly still.
My wife and granddaughter are number one fans of Frozen!

biebkriebels said...

Wow, what a great reflection!

Travel said...

Sounds like a great evening out.

RedPat said...

That reflection shot is fabulous, Sharon. What a super theatre that is.

Roseann said...

I did not work on FROZEN but I have rigged many quick changes in my time. What has become very useful in quick changes these days are special magnets. Very strong and sewed into the overdress. So as you can see that the center front spreads apartas if it is magnets that are yanked from the back by a person in the open trap in the stage floor. Then the dress disappears down the 'hole'.

Bill said...

The reflection is absolutely beautiful.

Steve Reed said...

LOVE the photo of the theater and its reflection! I haven't seen "Frozen" either and I have no idea what it's about. In fact, when it first came out, one of my friends mentioned her young daughter singing "Frozen" and I thought, "Why is that kid singing a Madonna song?"

William Kendall said...

Beautiful architecture.

roentare said...

Gorgeous reflections!

Sharon said...

Rosann, thanks for that information. I can almost imagine it now. It was a magical effect, that's for sure.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Gorgeous reflection. I've seen Frozen (the movie) many times with my granddaughter. I always enjoy it!

Catarina said...

The first picture is fabulous.
I have seen Frozen so many times. :)

Roseann said...

Sharon-
I have to say that costume change was a huge conversation on my COSTUME PEOPLE group on Facebook. It was magical for many people.