Sunday, March 19, 2023

The Butterflies Are Back

 

The last two weekends (and this one) have been very busy for me.  It's the time of year when everything is going on before it gets too hot to be outdoors.  I did manage to get to the Desert Botanical Garden and visit the butterfly pavilion which just opened up a week ago.  As usual, there were a lots of zebra longwings fluttering about.

There was also quite a few whites to be seen.

And, there were a few painted ladies enjoying the flowers.  I didn't see any of the larger butterflies.  I need to make a point of going again to see if I can catch any the next time.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I am thinking about my mom and dad.


8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Wow they are beautiful in different colours.

Travel said...

Nice shots. We went for a walk yesterday in a wetlands park, and were visited by a tiny powder blue butterfly, who wouldn't land for even a second to post for a photo.

RedPat said...

It must be a magical place to visit, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

I love zebra longwings. That painted lady looks like she's had a rough life!

Bill said...

The butterflies are beautiful, I love their patterns.

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful indeed!

Stefan Jansson said...

Sounds like a great time. I like the color explosion here.

Catalyst said...

Good pics.