Sunday, March 5, 2023

Annual Indian Fair & Market

 

Yesterday I attended the Annual Indian Fair & Market at the Heard Museum and boy was it crowded.  It seemed like everyone in town wanted to see what beautiful things were being offered.  Today I'll show you some of my favorite pieces starting with this stunning sculpture by Raymond Chee Sr.  As you can see from the ribbons to the left, this was a prize winning sculpture and Mr. Chee was proud of it as he should be.  

Here is a piece of pottery that I thought was very attractive.  It turns out that it isn't potter at all, it is bronze sculpture designed to look like pottery.  Very beautiful.


Here is another prize winner.  This unique pottery is by Jonathan Naranjo.  Each piece was etched with a design of some kind.  Very nice and as you can see, very pricey. 



An here is one of my favorites, the clown sculptures.  While I was admiring this piece I overheard the artist telling someone from the museum that all of her sculptures had been sold.  Good for her!


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns.  My traveling friends have shared some photos from Antarctica.

10 comments:

Andy said...

There's a lot of hard work that went into this art.

biebkriebels said...

This looks nice to watch all the handcraft.

William Kendall said...

Fascinating works!

Travel said...

Amazing work

RedPat said...

The last one is my favourite. I would have loved this show, Sharon. Thanks for showing these pieces.

Catarina said...

Some awesome pieces.

Bill said...

Beautiful art, very impressive.

roentare said...

These arts look so special

Catalyst said...

Wow! I remember going to that fair way, way back in the far ago. Those prices have increased exponentially but I'm all for the artists getting what they deserve for their great work.

Gemel said...

I would love to go to this.