Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Arizona Fine Art Expo

 

Every year I try to attend the Celebration of Fine Arts in Scottsdale and share some photos with you.  This year I did something different.  I was recently reminded that there is another fine arts event that goes on during those winter months in Scottsdale housed in a similar configuration of white tents.  However this one is much further north in Scottsdale.  I decided to check it out.  First up is this gorgeous painting by Lexi Sundell.  I absolutely love this painting.  



Above is an array of paintings by Peter Freischlag, all of them very colorful.

To right are some paintings by Ted Blaylock.  














It's hard to tell from this photo, but this is part painting and part sculpture.  Those cowboys seem to be racing right out of the painting.  This mixed-media art is by Lori Thompson.  

The copper artistry by Ken Borchardt was another that really appealed me.  I talked to this artist about his process and he uses a type of heat reduction and oxidation to bring out the colors on a piece of copper.  They were literally stunning.  That tree on the end was my favorite.  The sculptures in the photo are by Ken as well.

Tomorrow I'll show you a few more from this show.  I will probably still go to the Celebration of Fine Art but I'm glad I went to this one too.  There is so much talent in this world of ours.  

11 comments:

Gemel said...

I really like the first painting.

Andy said...

Thank you for sharing. The horses got a hold on me. Very impressive art work.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful work in these.

Travel said...

How to stabilize the copper?

RedPat said...

I love that 1st painting too, Sharon.

Catarina said...

Great work!
I would buy the first painting!!

Catarina said...

Wonderful work.
I would buy the first painting!!

Amy said...

The one by Lori Thompson is catching my eye, I like that one.

Catalyst said...

I hope it was warmer than when we toured the other art show a couple of weeks ago.

Steve Reed said...

I love that horse painting too. Beautiful!

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh. More stunning!!! I love it.