Tuesday, March 7, 2023

A Desert Garden

 


This might look like I'm walking around at the Desert Botanical Garden, but I'm not.  On Sunday I joined my friends for a garden tour of four different homes with special gardens and landscaping.  The first one we visited had a desert garden full of cacti of all shapes and sizes.  It was a natural and wild desert garden, looking a lot like being outside the city in the uninhabited desert.











It was actually someone's back yard complete with a swimming pool.  It's an oasis in the desert.

We had a fun day exploring some interesting homes and gardens.  I'll have more photos to share in the coming days.

9 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A back garden with a difference.

Travel said...

Landscape as it should be in the Valley of the Sun,

Andy said...

Very nice. Someone is giving these plants tender loving care.

Steve Reed said...

I guess they never have to mow!

RedPat said...

I always enjoy these tours that you go on, Sharon.

Allison said...

I always think of weeding around the cactus and how painful that can be. Their grounds are really lovely.

Bill said...

That's a beautiful garden, very nice indeed.

William Kendall said...

Quite a garden!

roentare said...

Beautiful cacti in the desert garden