Sunday, March 26, 2023

Pink Martini Time

 

Last Saturday night, I was back in downtown Phoenix to see my all time favorite band perform with the Phoenix Symphony.  When I sat down in my seat, the guy next to me asked "are you a groupie too?" I had to admit I probably was.  I've seen Pink Martini perform between 6 and 8 times.  I just love their music.

They performed in the historic old Orpheum Theatre.  Here you see lots of very happy music lovers leaving after the show.  They have such an eclectic mix of music and the songs are sung in a huge variety of languages.  Their next stop was Florida and the band leader Thomas Lauderdale wondered how this song would go over down there.  It was a great show and a wonderful evening.  


10 comments:

Andy said...

I believe the "groupie" had very nice evening.
c====(=#O| ) ~~ ♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha, a funny song.

Travel said...

I understand it is a great show. Doc Spo was there. I have seen ballet in that theater.

RedPat said...

Sounds like everyone had fun, Sharon.

Catarina said...

It is such a good feeling when we go to a great show. : )

Steve Reed said...

LOVE the song! LOL! It must have been a fun night.

Bill said...

Great song! :)

William Kendall said...

Quite a band.

Amy said...

Lol. I thought you were talking about a drink at first.

Catalyst said...

I too love Pink Martini. And I especially liked Storm Large when she sang with them. I only recently learned that NPR's Ari Shapiro is one of their traveling troupe. And he was born in Fargo, NORTH DAKOTA, my home state.