Thursday, March 23, 2023

More Fine Art in Scottsdale

 


Today I have a few pieces that appealed to me at the Scottsdale Fine Art Expo.  This first one is made from a gourd.  I've seen gourd art before but these were pretty special.  They are by Jenny Kerr.
















Jane Boggs is also a sculptor who uses gourds but these are truly mixed media creations done with paint, beads and feathers.  

















I thought these were so extraordinary that I photographed two of them.  They are wonderful.  I think they would be perfect in one of our many southwestern styled resorts. Or maybe over the fireplace of one of those fancy homes I toured recently.  















These last sculptures are by a husband and wife team, Terry & Marilyn Alexander. These are also creations that would fit in at many local resorts around here.  They are made from metal and glass.  


I'm glad I got to see these beautiful creations.  I also wish I had the money and space needed to acquire one or too.  

I hope these art exhibits attract decorators.  They would surely be inspired.


11 comments:

Andy said...

Nice to see the beautiful artistic skills of others.

biebkriebels said...

They are very nice and colourful!

Catarina said...

Very elaborate pieces. I liked them.

Travel said...

Great use of colors

RedPat said...

Such great pieces, Sharon. I really like those masks with the gourds & feathers.

William Kendall said...

The second is my favourite.

Steve Reed said...

People are so creative. Who knew a gourd could have such life in it?

Bill said...

Beautiful art! The second one is my favourite too.

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh. I love the brightness of these!

Catalyst said...

Beautiful.

Gemel said...

Very vibrant!