Sunday, March 12, 2023

Combining Nature With Art

 

I'm taking a little pause from my home and garden tour to show you some more art by the artist Mayme Kratz that I featured in one of my photos posted on Friday.  She is a local artist who works exclusively with natural materials found in the desert southwest.  I saw a notice that she had an exhibit of her works at the Lisa Sette Gallery so I made a point of going last week to see more of her work.  The one above was my favorite of them but I will admit, it was hard to choose a favorite.

This one was also impressive.  She uses natural things like plants and insects, seeds and seed pods.  She arranges them artistically and then seals them in resin.  

She makes amazing works of art.  If you click the link above, you can see more of the pieces that were  on exhibit at the show.  Her works go perfectly in contemporary homes like the one I featured over the past three days.  

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm continuing my friends trip to Antarctica.

10 comments:

William Kendall said...

These are dreamy.

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful!

Andy said...

Beautiful... Eye Candy for sure!

Gemel said...

These are wonderful.

Travel said...

Great work, I love the deep colors.

RedPat said...

I like these a lot too, Sharon.

Catarina said...

Well done.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting. I think I like that top one best too.

Bill said...

Beautifully done.

Amy said...

These are some beautiful works of art