Sunday, February 21, 2021

Years Later a New Name

 

I took this photo of an office building along Central Avenue back in November of 2008.  It's been sitting in one of my photo files ever since. 

I recently took this photo of the same building.  I actually didn't realize I already had a photo of this building but I also didn't realize that the building's name had changed over those years.  12 years ago it was called Central Towers and now it's called U-Haul Towers.  Somewhere in-between those years, U-Haul moved their corporate headquarters into the two buildings.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting a famous tower in Chicago.  


13 comments:

Karl said...

Only the name has changed...

Andy said...

Keeping up with times can be a challenge. At least the building is still in good shape.

Janey and Co. said...

We have a big beautiful building here that use to be headquarters for Pier One. It will now be our beautiful City Hall.
What upsets me are the businesses that have closed that I adored...Like Steinmart. I have come to realize that I bought more things there than anywhere else. I guess because it was so close by and I would sometimes just go walk through to get out of the house...proved detrimental to our budget sometimes!

Travel said...

Interesting building, I kind of liked the original name better.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Everything stayed the same except the name.. I agree with Travel above the original name sounds better 😊

Sami said...

They must be a good business to need all that office space :)

Steve Reed said...

That building is pretty cool. I love '60s architecture!

RedPat said...

U-Haul must be doing well! I like the building!

Bill said...

Nice looking building. Corporations are getting their name more exposure by using their own names.

Revrunner said...

By coincidence today I happened to be passing by a lot with a lot of U-Haul vans recently returned by college students. Nice to know about the company's HQ.

William Kendall said...

So that's where they're based.

Amy said...

Looks like the same building but I can see in the more recent one that someone's been doing some painting, the eaves look green rather than gray.

Catalyst said...

I love so many of those old buildings along Central Avenue. I remember a pink high-rise apartment building somewhere there that I always wanted to live in.